We are the first to admit lash application is a bit of an art, BUT with the right tools it can actually be quite easy and you can quickly become a pro.
There are 4 accessories you need to make applying false lashes easy and possible, we are going to break down for you what they are, why you need them and how to use them.
Eyelash Glue (obviously 😅)
Without it, you will literally be lashless! A reasonably obvious one, but using your glue correctly can make or break your eyelash application. There are a few key things you want to think about when it comes to applying your glue to your false lashes.
- We recommend you squeeze a small amount of glue onto a mixing palette/top of makeup compact or back of your hand.
- Make sure you leave the glue for at least 30 seconds to a minute to get tacky before you apply it to your lashes.
- After you have trimmed down your lashes and your holding the lashes with your Lash Applicator Tool, you want to apply the glue to the lashes. We find you get the best control and an even application of glue if you use the end of a skinny brush or the end of a disposable mascara wand (which is our favourite) and dip it in the glue you already squeezed out. Once you have the glue on your chosen tool, run it along the band of the lashes.
- You really want to ensure you have the two ends of your lashes properly covered in glue, as these are the two areas that are most likely to lift off your eyes after application, if you haven't used enough glue.
Lash Applicator Tool
- A Lash Applicator Tool will make the applying process so much easier!
- When you apply lashes without an applicator tool, often you will find your fingers will actually get in the way of you being able to see where you're applying them.
- The tool allows for precision application and also doubles as an additional tool to press the lashes down into your lash line
- When using the applicator you want to hold the lashes in the centre just below the band.
- Sometimes accidents happen, and that's when cotton tips come to the rescue!
- You may find when you go to apply your lashes, you might touch your eyelid with the lashes and transfer some glue.
- Cotton tips are a great easy way to remove the unwanted glue from your lid without ruining your eyeshadow. All you need to do is roll the cotton tip across the glue to remove it.
- These cotton tips are black, because - well, why the hell not!
- A must have tool to add the finishing touches to your lashes!
- Eyelash curlers are really great to help press your false lashes in with your natural lashes to ensure they blend seamlessly.
- They also give you the opportunity to customise the look of your false lashes. By curling the lashes at different points up the length of the hair, it can give the lashes a completely different effect.
- Curling the lashes will also help to open up your eyes to really make them pop!
We have packaged up all these accessories into an awesome package deal so that you have everything you need to easily and perfectly apply false lashes every time + you'll get free NZ shipping👌